Thursday, October 17, 2013

Truckers Ride For The Constitution

T2SDAI know it’s been a long time for me to post something but I feel I must speak my mind. It is taking everything I have got to do this, so it will be short and sweet. In case you have not heard about this “Truckers Ride For The Constitution” then you must be deaf and blind.

From the Facebook page it says: “The American people are sick and tired of the corruption that is destroying America! We therefore declare a GENERAL STRIKE on the weekend of October 11-13, 2013! Truck drivers will not haul freight! Americans can strike in solidarity with truck drivers!”

The rally, “Truckers Ride for the Constitution,” is calling for 10,000 truck drivers to show up Friday morning and circle I-495 for the next three days, according to aFacebook page for the event, which had attracted more than 127,000 “likes” by Thursday evening.

Now to the part where I need to voice my opinion.

Two major trucking industry organizations, the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association (OOIDA) and the American Trucking Associations (ATA – AKA Anti Trucking Association), even said they will not participate in the trucker protest slated for Friday. Both added that the truckers involved are not affiliated nor are sponsored or endorsed by the organizations.

I have stood beside what OOIDA has done in the past for trucking. They do a good job for looking out for their over 150,000 members as their website claims to have.

150,000 members is merely a drop in the bucket as to how many truck drivers are on the roads. The ATA boast they represent more than 37,000 members including every type of motor carrier in the United States. That’s an even smaller drop in the big bucket of truckers.

I clearly understand why these two associations back down from condoning this protest, it’s because it is FREE and if it works to bring a voice together then it might be hard for them (OOIDA and ATA) to get their dues payments.

At least this is stirring up the USA, I have read nothing negative except for a few libtard tweets that I often receive, and of course what OOIDA and ATA had to say.

I say go with it – Roll On Truckers – WE THE PEOPLE appreciate what you are doing, whether its 100 truckers show up in DC or 10,000! Be Safe and Keep the Shiny Side up!

© 2013, Truck Drivers News Blog. All rights reserved.

I'm just a EX-truck driver, trying to pass along a little information. I been in the Trucking Industry as a driver for over 15 years. I have driven both as an owner operator and as a company driver. I have also been a driver instructor for an accredited truck driving school in KY. I am no longer a truck driver, but I consider myself to be a watchdog for the trucking industry. In fact this site is the #1 site for getting the real news about trucking. We don't hold back here, you will hear the full story. Twitter | Contact Me |Truck Drivers News Facebook

View the original article here